Shopify is the unquestionable number one e‑commerce platform, with a breathtaking 800k brands onboard and over $100 billion of sales. However, as a ready‑to‑use tool, it may not meet all of your expectations. Although it offers many features and integrations, there is a blank spot when it comes to apps dedicated to external management, tracking or shipping systems, especially on the European market.
The project’s objective was a smooth integration between clients’ Shopify e‑stores and the existing external systems that were responsible for specific e‑commerce sections, such as warehouse management systems, loyalty systems, gift cards, product data management systems, etc.
Although Shopify made it easier for many businesses to start with online sales, it comes with some limitations for stores in Europe, lacking important features such as solutions for simplifying order management. In this case, when you need something out‑of‑the‑box, like a shipping list generated in real‑time - you need a dedicated application for that.
Naturaily’s job was to design and create the integrations for our e‑commerce partners, double-check that all of the built solutions are 100% scalable and secure, ensure that the stores work well will integrations and, overall, make them ready to handle the growing number of orders with no difficulties.
Managing the project’s issues
Nordic Shipping App -
upgrades in an existing app
for shipping data exchange
- refactoring the legacy code
- rewriting the user interface using React
- making some fixes and improvements to reduce the number of errors generated by the application
- adding new shipping companies
- customer data, stock balance, order status, product data, product prices, gift cards, etc.
- application processes data from external systems and presents it automatically in the online store (and vice versa)
- enabling safe customer identification for Finland and the EU with Suomi.fi
- Using SSO (single sign‑on) system, so the store’s customers can log in and out with a single click
Real-time inventory updates for
an online store with a chain of shops
- enabling customers to check the availability of products in a selected store online
- benefiting to a higher customer service score, increased conversion and more efficient order processing
Other custom Shopify apps
built by Naturaily enable:
- integrating the inventory and prices in an online pharmacy store
- sending orders from Shopify to the Oscar system (with data translation from JSON to .xml and field mapping)
- automatic updating of product images, based on a media bank
Ruby on Rails
Tools used in this project
Experts involved in the project
Ruby on Rails Developers
As a result, Naturaily designed, developed and proof-checked a number of Shopify integrations. The technology let our e‑commerce partners improve the customer experience and satisfaction, increase the conversion and automate lots of tasks that used to be done manually, saving their time and money.
Project in numbers
Naturaily specialists engaged
Shopify integrations developed
customers benefiting from our integrations
other case studies