There are over 100,000 software companies around the world and some predict the number will increase to 1 million by 2027. A lot of them are software houses, like Naturaily, whose domain is the creation and maintenance of software for other companies.
Some say that Poland has become a software house of Europe. Why? It is simple. We are the best to work with and here is why.
- Companies from Poland respect General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduced by the European Parliament and the European Council.
- Polish development teams combine coding fluency with the understanding of the business goals of a given project.
- We have the right communication skills and a good knowledge of English.
- Our hourly rates are very competitive in comparison to the cost of hiring a development team from the US or Western Europe.
Challenges related to the in-house software development
If you are considering in-house software development, you probably already know that you will need to hire a development team, tell them what you need and specify the deadlines.
However, have you considered other aspects such as:
- difficulties in finding really good and trustworthy programmers who would eagerly get involved in your project;
- how to distinguish good developers from bad (if you do not have any experience);
- providing attractive working conditions for programmers (by that we do not mean only an appropriate salary);
- hiring a UX / UI designer and tester;
- designing a database model, optimizing queries, and creating user interface code;
- hiring a person to carry out the analysis, write down the requirements and plan the next stages of work, and finally to monitor them;
- choosing the right technological stack (tools, libraries, additional software) that would allow further product development;
- providing maintenance of the implemented software and ongoing error fixing as well as developing the product in line with the business needs?
Now you see that hiring a developer usually means creating an internal IT department, consisting of a director, a manager, specialists in various fields (including HR), work coordinators, etc. You will also need adequate procedures, policies and many more.
Last but not least, you must also think about what will happen after the implementation of the project. You will need someone who will take care of the software, fix errors, introduce necessary changes, etc. Meanwhile, freelance developers are not big fans of maintenance, they prefer to move to new projects and gain new experience.
The advantages of cooperating with a software house
Software houses, like Naturaily, usually have many years of experience in software development and provide interdisciplinary teams that can take care of your project from the beginning to the end, i.e. from the verification of the idea to the software maintenance.
If you do not have technological knowledge, ask professionals for help from the very beginning, because you may find out that your idea requires verification or you can use ready-made solutions that will speed up the creation of working software, which can save you a lot of time and money.
Software houses provide:
- the analysis of the idea, writing down the requirements, the creation of a user interface and a detailed work schedule – everything at the very first stage;
- if needed – the delivery of the Proof of Concept (a working prototype that helps to establish evidence that the potential product can be successful) prior to the actual work on the project;
- the selection of the best and most suitable technology stack to enable a fast implementation and further development of the software;
- the certainty that the project will be implemented by experienced developers supported by junior specialists who improve their skills on less demanding tasks;
- the extension of the team with additional specialists at each stage of the implementation process (only if necessary).
If one of the developers decides to alter the project for the sake of learning new technologies, you will not even notice the change as they will be smoothly replaced with a new developer already introduced to the project before starting the actual work on it.
One of the good practices is to create documentation and develop procedures necessary to enable new developers to smoothly enter the project and to facilitate a seamless further development of the project even after some time.
It is said that the main disadvantage of cooperating with a software house is the lack of domain knowledge among developers. However, if you decide to hire a development team on your own, you will also need to provide them with the necessary information. It is unlikely that you will find a developer who will actually also be a specialist in your field.
I hope that the article helped you answer the question of whether to hire developers on your own or to outsource the work on a project to an experienced software house. If you do not have the technological knowledge or experience in running IT projects, the only solution is to put your trust in the specialists in software development.